You know you have a problem if any of the following become apparent:
• Open wounds or sores under the saddle area
• White hairs
• Hard lumps
• Rubs in the hair
• Temporary swelling under the saddle after exercise
• Muscle wastage in the saddle area, particularly behind the shoulder.
Sometimes a problem with your saddle fit is not so obvious and a behavioral problem or a performance issue is the first sign. Often the saddle can be to blame when a sudden or progressive
change in your horses behavior or performance occurs.
• Objects to the saddle or girth
• Fidgeting when mounting
• Reluctance to go forwards
• Hollowing and evading the contact
• Bucking or rearing
• Transition’s become hesitant/unbalanced.
• Tree flex’s excessively
• Saddle sits too low on the horses back, maybe even touching the withers
• Saddle is sitting too high and tipping back, maybe pinching
• The flocking is lumpy and uneven
• Saddle is moving or bouncing.
Midland Saddle Fit
Mobile saddle fitting service covering
Staffordshire, Derbyshire, West Midlands, Coventry, Warwickshire, Leicestershire
If you have any queries or wish to make an appointment, please contact:
Or use our contact form.